Children's oral health differs from that of adults in a variety of ways. It's essential to understand what your child will need from you when it comes to his or her oral health in those first few years. In home dental care begins when your baby starts to show signs of developing the first tooth. Most children should have their first general dentist appointment by age four. This initial appointment with your little one is designed to get him or her accustomed to our office. Take a look at what will be completed during their first dental exam.
- Check for decay and gum disease
- Examine the development of their bite
- Clean their teeth
- Apply Fluoride if the child is old enough
- Review current pediatric home care recommendations
- Answer any parental questions or concerns
Remember, creating healthy, life-time oral health habits with your child early on is crucial. We are here to guide you through this process and make sure your child is healthy and happy.